Join C&K for an All-Inclusive Getaway In Punta Cana!
I'm not going to bore you guys with a personal story or anecdote here. I'll just say that I decided to start doing some group trips as a fun way to get to know some of my clients, build my business and spend time with friends and family in awesome settings.
That is how "Getaway With C&K" became a real thing. We have this upcoming trip to Punta Cana (detailed below) and another one planned for 2024 in Jamaica. I'll post the details of that trip another time, but you are welcome to reach out to me directly for more information!
The Nitty Gritty
Dates: 1-7 August, 2023
Resort: Dreams Flora Resort and Spa
Who: Everyone is invited!
Prices start at: $2060 for 2 adults.
Deposit: LOW!!!! $100-109 per person with basic vacation protection!!!
Price includes: All meals, snacks, drinks, cocktails, nightly entertainment, waterpark/ water slides, beach, non-motorized water sports equipment, kids club, teen club, basic vacation protection, transportation to and from the airport, and a variety of included activities like a dance class at the resort.
Dreams Flora is a **BRAND NEW** resort! As of today, it is expected to open early in 2023. The photos that are available right now are all artist renderings of what we can expect when we arrive! I love the colors and style of the rooms. Check it out! I will try and add more when I can!
There will also be rooms with swim ups and some with balconies overlooking the pool and garden, as well as partial and full ocean view junior suites! Which would you want? We are a family of 6 so we are getting a family room (two bedrooms!) which will have a terrace or balcony.
The resort is set to have a variety of different restaurants, all of which are included in your price! The only one that is not available to everyone is the Oceana restaurant which is reserved for those with Preferred Club status for lunch and open to everyone for dinner. There is a breakfast buffet daily where you can eat as lite or as much as your heart desires.
A lot of people like the fact that drinks are included. Yes, that means your alcoholic beverages, mixed drinks, etc. Preferred Club members will have access to some more premium drink offerings as well, but for the most part you'll not notice. Well, you might if you are very picky about drinks but... ahem... I'm not picky.
Check out the designs for some of the restaurants! Imagine sitting at one of these tables gorging yourself on some seafood or a nice, juicy piece of meat! Or maybe you'd prefer a lite soup and salad? Not me, but somebody might want that and I will not judge.
There is going to be a lot of things to do at Dreams Flora, too! There will be water slides, a kids club (which they say will be included during specified hours!) a teen club/ area, a spa, and more! Plus, there will be several pools including a very gorgeous infinity pool with a swim-up bar. Look at the designs! I'll give more details in just a moment...
Optional Activities/ Excursions
Despite being a "group trip" there is no obligation to do everything together. We will have the option of a private cocktail party and also a semi-private dinner one of the evenings. I have been sharing some excursion ideas on the Facebook page which I encourage you to join! Check it out here: Getaway With C&K Punta Cana 2023
I like Punta Cana because it's an affordable destination and the excursions are not super expensive like other places. Plus, many of the tours and excursion companies will pick you up right from the resort, which is a real convenience if you aren't planning on renting a car.
I use Project Expedition for almost all of my excursions at any location. I love the company, I trust them for my personal trips and my clients have had great experiences with their service and offerings as well. They have options for just about any destination. I recommend taking a peek at what they have! Here are some of the ones me and my family are interested in, as well as some that others from the group are considering!
- Monkeyland & Plantation Safari from Punta Cana
- Private Santo Domingo City Tour From Punta Cana With Lunch
- Jungle 4x4, Snorkeling Cruise, Sharks & Rays from Punta Cana
- El Limon Waterfall & Bacardi Island from Punta Cana
- 2-Hour Horseback Ride On The Beach
There are also some fishing charters available for those of you like my grandpa, dad, and kids who enjoy that pastime. If you search Punta Cana on Project Expedition, you will see a lot of fishing charter options. Feel free to join the Facebook group and once you're deposited you can see if there is anybody else from the group that would be interested in sharing the charter for a better price.
Things to Do at The Resort
For those of you who just want to hang out at the resort, there will be plenty to do! Of course you may decide to do an excursion, but that's completely up to you.
Here are some things that are going to be available to do ONSITE!
The things marked with (*) are additional cost.
- Beach volleyball
- Paddle court and basketball court
- Giant chess board
- Indoor game room
Just for kids and teens.
- Explorer’s Club For Kids ages 3-12, offering arts and crafts, playground, treasure hunts and weekly campout adventures. Open daily 9 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Core Zone Teens Club for ages 13-17, featuring social events, snack bar, videos games and big screen movies on the beach
Make A Splash
Splash the day away.
- Four pools (one adults-only pool)
- On-site waterpark
- Scuba Diving*
- Non-motorized watersports
- Water aerobics
Fun throughout the day and into the night.
- Big screen movies
- Nightly live entertainment
- Theme nights
- Classes: dance and Spanish
Spa By Pevonia
Indulge in a tranquil spa oasis right next door.
- Hydrotherapy area*
- Hot tubs and hydro massage*
- Swedish saunas*
- Vichy cabin*
- Full-service beauty salon*
Stay fit in paradise.
- Strength training machines
- Cross trainers
- Nordic tracks
- Stationary bicycles
- Free weights
Preferred Club is an option you have when you book (we can try to upgrade later on if you originally did not want it but have changed your mind and want to add it). It DOES cost extra, but there are some benefits that you may feel make it worth the extra cost.
The picture above is the Preferred Club Lounge.
Experience The Preferred Club
-Personalized check-in and check-out
-Daily continental breakfast service
-Afternoon hot and cold hors d’oeuvres
-Exquisite desserts and premium liquors
-Access to Preferred Club lounge and bar -open daily
-Complimentary iPad access
Service With Our Compliments
-Preferred Club suites in premium locations
-Upgraded bath amenities
-Complimentary newspaper every day by request (English or Spanish)
Privacy Reserved For You
-Special concierge service
-Private Preferred Club pool
-Preferred Club member-only á la carte restaurant, open during breakfast and lunch
Ultimately it comes down to personal choice. My family won't get much benefit from it but others will. The only thing I will be sad about missing out on is the lunch at the Oceana restaurant, which serves seafood. However, I can eat dinner there so I am not too upset!
I know, it's a lot of info and I promise I'm almost done! Just take a moment to look at these last few things I want to point out!
- We planned this trip for August for a number of reasons, one reason being that we understand there are a lot of families who may share custody of their kids (as we do). We wanted to plan something as close to the start of school as possible so as not to interrupt the other parents' time with the kids. However, August is also a month that we may experience a lot of seaweed called sargassum along the beach. It could be bad or it could be fine, we just have no way of knowing. The entire Caribbean has this problem. For us, it is hard to plan a trip during a time when sargassum is not a factor.
- In order to get the group amenities, you MUST book through C&K Getaways. We can not provide services or amenities to those who do not book with us.
- You may purchase your own airfare, or we can help you book it as a package. If you do book your own airfare, please give us your flight information so that we can coordinate with the transfer/ pickup services.
- If you have any food allergies, special dietary needs, or mobility concerns, please tell us during the booking process. We can help afterwards, too, but it is easier to know up front.
- While this resort is all-inclusive (which means your costs are already covered for food and drinks, etc.) it is still nice to tip your servers, bartenders, bellhops, room service, drivers, and what-have-you so please be prepared to have some cash for tipping.
- You DO need a valid passport. We can book both US and Canadian citizens so just make sure your passport is valid and if you need assistance with applying for one please let us know. We can point you in the right direction.
- Part of our group is planning on trying to do a church service or something along those lines on the beach. If we do get permission, all are welcome to attend but it is not required.
- We may do up some t-shirts or at least plan on wearing the same color on a certain day. Even if we aren't doing a bunch of stuff together as a group, it might be fun to do a big group photo together one of the days!
- C&K Getaways is not booking any international travel unless travel insurance is purchased. The price quoted for this trip always contains basic vacation protection but you have the option of either upgrading at the time of purchase or purchasing additional insurance later on through one of our partners such as Allianz or Arch which we will be happy to help with.
- This is going to be fun! You are encouraged to invite your own friends and family as well! The more the merrier! Plus, booking now there is still an early booking discount that we can take advantage of!
Options for how to book:
Contact me by telephone or email: (574) 279-5779 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Facebook group and message me on there: Punta Cana Group Page
Fill out a request here: https://ckgetaways.com/mbg/new/
Leave a comment below with your contact information and I will reach out to you there.